The Cropped flare denim is a huge trend for Spring! It’s a super cute look, but it can be a little tricky because of the length. I have heard quite a few women say they don’t know how to wear them. Here are a few guidelines to help you master the trend of the cropped flare.
- They should hit right above the ankle. It’s not a capri pant like back in the day. It is just a slight crop.
- Heels, especially a blocked one look great with flared, crops. I also love a wedge. If you are tall, you can get away with a flat, but average and short people need some height otherwise this length can make you appear shorter.
- Flared crops are somewhat of a preppy look. I love a tucked in top with them. A button up or any top with structure will really pull off the look.
- Avoid long tops as that can throw off the proportions with the cropped pant. Jackets and tops that come to the hip bone or a little shorter work best.
- Wear a skinny belt with a tucked in top for a pulled together look!
As with all denim, I found this style at all different price points. I am wearing Citizens of humanity crop flare jean, but I found them as inexpensive as 24.99 at JcPenny A.N.A Cropped Flare Jean. I recommend grabbing a pair for Spring and then you can continue to wear them in the fall with booties. I hope this answers any questions you might have about how to wear this trend. 🙂
I would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave any questions or comments.