Happy Mother’s Day! As I get older, this day holds more meaning and well… I get a little sappy. I have the best mother a girl could have. We have always been best friends and that only gets stronger as I get older! I have been told all my life that I look just like my mom. And as you can see, that is a major compliment. I can only hope and pray that I age as well as she does! We have similar interests. We are both passionate about music and have been since we were very young. We go to the same dentist and every time I go, he tells me that I have the exact same mouth and teeth as my mom! 🙂 Although I think her teeth are prettier! Now that I’m a mom myself, I appreciate her so much more because I know what a tough job it is! I’m so thankful for the wonderful Mom God gave me! She is the best! Happy Mother’s Day, Mom! And thank you for all you’ve done for us!
I am also so thankful to BE a mom! To think that three little people call me mom and depend on me is really unbelievable and at times overwhelming. Being a mom is truly the most challenging thing I’ve ever done, but by FAR the most rewarding! These babies are my greatest blessing and I think God for them every single day!
My busy boy was supposed to be in the picture with me and the girls, but he kept running out of the picture…. no surprise there! The only shot I could get was of me trying to restrain him so we could get a picture! And this really is the perfect representation of what life is like with this little guy!
Mom vibes tank Enter code EMILY15 at checkout for 15% off
Motherhood keeps me on my toes and seriously keeps me busy every minute of the day! I’m not perfect, I make mistakes CONSTANTLY!! I am guilty of so many mom fails, but my kiddos know I love them and would do anything for them! Moms, we are ALL in this together and we need to encourage each other through these challenging times!
Here are some things I’ve learned along the way as a mom:
1. I always have an outlet!! Right now it is going to the gym and blogging. It’s so important to have something you enjoy and can do just for you!
2. Spend one on one time with my spouse. This is tough, but we shoot for date night at least once a month! This keeps us closer which helps us parent better as a team and strengthens our relationship!
3. I’ve learned to let people help me! I used to want to do it all. But now, if a good friend offers to take my kids to the park for the afternoon, I let them! I am not afraid to ASK for help when I need it!
4. Daily devotions. I try to read a devotion daily, preferable early, to get my mind right. I’ve tried doing deep studies, but I always get behind. At this phase of life I need something short, sweet, and to the point! I am currently reading “The First 5” devotionals on my phone
5. Girl time. It’s so important to spend time with other ladies! I know we are all busy, but this is crucial!
6. I’ve become a “Big Picture Person”. I used to be a very detail oriented person. With 3 little ones, I just can’t sweat the small stuff anymore. Who cares if someone spills or gets crumbs on the floor?
7. Be in the moment! I’m not so good at this one, but I’m trying. Let’s enjoy every minute with our little people because it flies by!!! Don’t worry about tomorrow, just enjoy and live for today!
Thanks for reading and Happy Mother’s Day!! Please leave comments or questions about what helps you in this journey! We are all in this together!