The “no white after Labor day” is totally a thing of the past!! Winter can be dark and dreary so why not brighten up your wardrobe with some white?? There are some tricks to making it work though! I paired this great pair of white skinny jeans (only $55) with the coziest pink knit cardigan (only $45) . Taupe over the knee boots (these are the best I’ve found) and a wool fedora make the look nice and cozy for winter!
5 Tips to Rock winter white
- stick with heavier white fabrics: denim, sweaters, cashmere, etc. Anything linen or gauze-like is to “summery”
- Pair your white piece with an obviously winter piece like a sweater or a jacket with some weight to it
- Pair white with winter accessories. In this look I threw on a wool fedora and over the knee boots to keep the look season appropriate.
- Layer- Multiple layers will make the look cozy and perfect for this time of year.
- Whites don’t have to match exactly- I know this is a hard one for those matchy match people out there, but you can mix whites, creams, and beiges. A full TRUE white ensemble can be a bit stark!
One of my favorite trends right now is a white bootie! This gives your outfit a fun “mod” vibe. It makes me think of Austin Powers and I LOVE that look. Here are a few more of my favorite white pieces for winter.
So are you ready to give white a try this winter?? Let me know what you think! Thanks so much for reading!