Every year my hometown has the honor of hosting the LPGA tournament. This is a BIG deal for our local economy and it’s held in the most gorgeous community, Pinnacle. I’m not sure on the exact numbers, but I know thousands of people attend the tournament and the purse is 2 million dollars. Needless to say, it’s a large scale production. I know lot’s of women who attend the event, and there is always the question of “what do I wear”? It is usually blazing hot during the tournament, so comfort and staying cool are key. I’ve teamed up with a local boutique, Vesta’s, to give some outfit inspiration on what to wear to the event. Conveniently, they are located directly across from Pinnacle. Before I share these looks, here are some general tips for dressing for this event.
- A hat is a must! Keeping the sun off of your head and face keeps you so much cooler! Not to mention you instantly look chic and you are protecting yourself from sun damage.
- Lightweight fabrics like linen are cool and breathable and perfect to wear in the heat.
- Flowy clothing keeps you cooler. Nothing is more miserable than tight clothing that sticks to you because you’re sweaty!
- Light colors reflect the heat, while darker colors absorb it. So the lighter the palette, the better. Wearing a sleeve can actually keep you cooler because it reflects the sun away from your skin.
- No heels at the golf course, obviously! Cute sneakers, a low wedge, or flats are definitely the way to go!
- Think classy over trendy!
- Accessorize! Hats, big sunglasses, fun jewelry, and even a cross body are perfect for the occasion!
- Keep it casual! Most of the attire on the course is pretty casual and comfy, but don’t be afraid to experiment with color and patterns!
My first look from Vesta’s is a chiffon tunic from one of my favorite lines Johnny Was. I paired it with the most comfortable white linen pants by Heather. These pants are so cool and airy. I love that they have a liner in them so they aren’t see through. I chose a simple necklace by French Cande. The print and detail on this tunic are absolutely stunning.
You just can’t go wrong with stripes. Especially thin, vertical ones. This casual, dolman sleeve tunic by Fifteen Twenty is perfect for the greens or any outdoor summer event for that matter. I also love it with denim shorts for the 4th of July! These flax linen pants by Gold Hawk are such a wardrobe staple and can be styled countless ways. I can totally see myself wearing these over a swimsuit at the beach too! And of course a mini marmont Gucci bag works for any occasion!
My final look from Vesta’s is an airy bohemian look which I absolutely adore! I wore this dress by Saltwater Luxe open as a kimono and I just love the flowy, earthy vibe of this outfit. I styled it with tie waist linen pants by Liverpool which are so versatile.
All of these looks are currently available at Vesta’s in Rogers, AR. They are located at 5100 Pauline Whitaker Pkwy. You can contact them at 479-203-7666 and follow them on Instagram as @vestasrogers.
I hope this post gives you some outfit inspiration for the outdoor events on your calendar! Thanks so much for following along and be sure to check out Vesta’s and their unique selection of clothing and accessories. Emily and Kaitlyn are so helpful and sweet!
Enjoy your summer and all of the outdoor fun!