I had the amazing opportunity to meet up with 3 blogger babes and experience NYFW!! It was truly the experience of a lifetime and I learned so much that I want to share with you. I also want to do a round up of my favorite outfits from the weekend. I had so much fun putting these looks together! My “real life” consists of active wear most of the time, so it was a nice change to get “glammed” up and express myself with these looks. You see absolutely EVERYTHING at NYFW, so whatever you want to wear is fair game. As a fashion/lifestyle blogger, I want to be MYSELF and always be true to my personal style. In a VERY competitive, overcrowded arena of bloggers, it’s easy to get lost in the mix and lose who you are, trying to compete. As with anything in life, be sincere, be REAL, be YOU! That is what people want to see!
I love experimenting with different textures so when I found an ostrich feather skirt, I was like YES, PLEASE!! I had so much fun wearing this outfit! I paired it with a simple white scalloped halter tank and a thick black belt. ( mine is old, here is similar) I am also a huge fan of using accessories for pops of color, so I added these red patent pumps. My beaded geometric clutch is old, but I love this ONE
I LOVE jeans!! So, I wanted to do a fun denim look! I paired a fun black tie jacket from Alice and Olivia with my favorite high waisted jeans and black over the knee boots. I am loving the newsboy hat trend and this one is under $50!
NYFW isn’t complete without some sparkle! The last night in NYC I wore this fabulous gold sequin dress. This is a great piece to have in your closet for holiday parties! Metallics are timeless and always classy! And this right above the knee length works for cocktail events or formals. This dress is surprisingly so comfortable too! I paired it with a nude patent heel to elongate the leg line!!
Shop the Post
And finally, here are a few things I learned from this amazing experience
- Plan way ahead and start early!! To make the most of this trip, I should have started the preparations much sooner. Next time, I will start sending pitches and reaching out to brands earlier and will send a lot more of them! As with any industry, PR and meeting the right people is everything!
- Be genuine and sincere. As I said earlier, this is a very overcrowded, competitive biz, and at times very artificial. We can be whoever we want to be behind a camera lens, so I want to be real and someone people can relate to.
- It’s all about the relationships. This is true in any case, but sharing this with genuine, beautiful friends made this trip so amazing!
- Being successful takes a LOT of work!! I can’t believe all that is involved in this biz. Sometimes, I’m like Forget it, that’s too much work!!
- Don’t play the comparison game! We all have a story and something to share! It’s so easy to compare another bloggers situation to my own, but we are each on our own journey. Embrace the opportunities I am given and be thankful everyday that I get to do something I enjoy- all the while staying home with my precious kiddos!
Thanks so much for following along on this journey!! I hope you enjoyed it!!